Things To Look For When Buying Outboard Motors
When shopping for outboard motors, be sure to inspect the following features:
- Make and model. Be sure to inspect the make and model of the engine you are purchasing in order to ensure compatibility with your boat or vessel.
- Serial number. The serial number should be located on a plate attached to the engine housing. This number can often provide valuable information about the engine’s history and performance.
- Mounting hardware. Be sure to inspect all of the mounting hardware, including screws, washers, and nuts, in order to ensure a secure installation on your vessel or boat.
- Engine size and displacement. Be sure to verify that the engine you are purchasing is compatible with your boat or vessel’s specifications before making a purchase decision.
- Be aware of the warranties offered by manufacturers when purchasing an outboard motor.