What Is Strategic Leadership?
Strategic leadership refers to a manager’s ability to express a strategic vision for an organization and to motivate and persuade others to fulfill that vision. It involves using that strategy in the management of employees and can include the following qualities:
• Being able to articulate the strategic vision clearly; an ability to express strategic goals in a way that employees can understand.
• Thinking carefully before acting and speaking to control behaviors that distract from the message or goal.
• Having the ability to delegate effectively without micro managing their employees or overloading employees with unnecessary tasks.
• Instilling motivation in employees by being truly invested in their success and that of the organization.
• Have the qualities of empathy and self-awareness so that they understand their employees as well as understanding how their own leadership approach can affect them.